Thursday 9 January 2014

Chrysanthemum tea caddy goes to Penthouse

One of my friends has moved to a new place last month. Their new place is on the same street as their old house which is very handy when moving and I was invited there for a drink one evening. Having become close friends fairly recently I wanted to give a little present for the new place, something small enough to say 'wish you happiness in a new home' and something Korean as she is very interested in learning Korean culture and food. I thought this tea caddy would be just perfect in their lovely penthouse with a great view. 


It's got bright red paper lining inside as seen in this photo ,believed to fight off any evil spirits in Korean culture (or Chinese for that matter).



I wrapped it in a white Bojagi which is a traditional Korean fabric wrapping. I should have taken a photograph of it but as always I was in a rush to go and didn't have a chance to do it. I also should have taken photographs of this tea caddy in their beautiful setting but never mind. One day perhaps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment